Following consultation with parents, and to further increase our safeguarding levels, the following statements relating to mobile phones apply from September:
- The Academy stresses that it does not condone the use of mobile phones for any reason during the Academy day.
- The Academy strongly recommends that students do not bring mobile phones to school.
- The Academy does not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged mobile phones, and reminds parents that if they choose to allow their child to bring a mobile device to the Academy they do so at their own risk.
- The Academy recommends that if parents allow their child to bring a mobile phone then adequate insurance is in place for such a valuable item.
- Under no circumstances should phones be seen in classrooms or on the corridors between lessons.
- Should a student not meet the Mobile phone expectations then the ‘mobile phone consequence system’ will be followed (as published on the Academy website).