The Alpha Academies Trust has been established to create a network of academies in North Staffordshire that provide excellent academic tuition and outstanding vocational experience for young people. Our focus is on inspiring students to achieve, providing them with skills for the modern workplace, and, working closely with employers, to create innovative learning partnerships. This Privacy Notice is for visitors that access this website. It details how we use personal data that we hold about you, information on how to exercise your legal rights and contact information regarding personal data.
Personal Data We Collect
When using our website, certain information is collected about you that you give us when you complete any of our online forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Information you give us may include:
- Your name
- Your child’s name
- Other children’s names
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Any questions, queries or feedback you leave
- Personal details of potential pupils and their parents
- General identification and contact information: your name, address, email, IP address, telephone details, gender, marital status, family status, date and place of birth, physical attributes including photos.
- Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record.
- Username and password for the vacancies log in.
Why We Collect the Data and how it is used
The Excel Academy holds the legal right to collect and use personal data relating to its students and other stakeholders. We collect and use personal data in order to meet legal requirements and legitimate interests set out in the GDPR and UK law.
Personal data of The Excel Academy students and stakeholders is collected and used for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service/website.
- To safeguard students’ welfare and provide appropriate pastoral (and where necessary, medical) care.
- Otherwise as may be permitted by law.
- To provide the services you sign up for, for example, setting up your Job Alerts, or your Alpha Academies Trust jobs profile.
- To provide your job application to us for any advertised positions.
- When you have created an account with the Alpha Academies Trust website and submitted your application to us, we store your details on our own secure servers.
If you provide us with your e-mail, telephone or mobile number then we may contact you by these electronic means (e-mail or SMS). However, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes without your express consent.
If you do not wish to receive any information by electronic means then please get in touch with the Academy.
How the Data is Processed and Stored
The data sent through any of the website’s contact forms is only directed to relevant email addresses and it is not stored in any other database. The emails that contain the data are kept for as long as the query takes to process.
Job application data is stored on our secure servers. A password is given which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The application data that you provide is passed on to our Recruitment Team for processing and will be disposed of after 6 months unless you specifically request otherwise, or you have been successful with your application.
We will only retain your personal information for as long is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored within the United Kingdom. We will not knowingly transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. If it was ever necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area we would contact you to seek your consent. All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted from our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict protocols and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of Data
Unless you provide consent for future contact during your enquiry, we will keep your information for as long as is required to respond to you and complete your enquiry, and for a further 12 months, before deleting your information.
Security of your Data
The Alpha Academies Trust respects your data and has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure we have mitigated against such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about them that we hold.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed.
- A copy of that personal data.
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed.
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for our holding it.
- Request that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you wish to make a request regarding any of those listed above, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Who We Share the Information With
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, when we received your permission.
Links to other Websites
Withdrawal of consent and the right to lodge a complaint
Where we are processing your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please let us know by contacting The Trust’s Operations Officer, Mrs C Owen, at Alpha Academies Trust, Discovery Drive, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 0GA, telephone, 01782 882100, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated on 1st February 2019.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
The Trust’s Operations Officer, Mrs C Owen, at Alpha Academies Trust, Discovery Drive, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 0GA, telephone, 01782 882100, email address email@example.com