Congratulations to all of our Year 11 students today. We are so proud of all…
Holden Lane High School opened in 1963, and has a long tradition of academic excellence. In September 2013, fifty years after it first opened, Holden Lane High School became the Excel Academy.
Our guiding principle is for every student to excel in everything they do.
Every student is encouraged to achieve their best in the pursuit of excellence. Our strong ethos of pride and mutual respect, together with high quality teaching and learning, provide our students with the opportunities to exceed their expectations. The Excel Academy’s students leave as aspiring, motivated, and confident young adults.
Our outstanding new building creates a safe and vibrant environment, with cutting-edge facilities, which together with our innovative personalised curriculum provide the basis for success.
We welcome you to visit the school, either on our Open Evening or during the normal working day, to experience for yourself what The Excel Academy has to offer.
“The respect and pride agenda is promoted in all aspects of the school’s work and is evident across the school.” OFSTED.
1. Our building is inspiring, bright and offers fantastic facilities which are a pleasure to learn in
2. Our top priorities are ensuring our students are safe and that they achieve to their potential
3. Our support services ensure that that all students are cared for and looked after all of the time
4. Our student attendance is in the top 25% nationally
5. Our ethos of Pride and Respect shines through at all times of the Academy day
6. Our students hold their Academy in high regard. They are very well behaved, wear their uniform with pride and really value their school
7. Our teachers work tirelessly to provide challenging and engaging lessons so the students develop a thirst for learning
8. Our mission is to encourage a growth mindset as a key to success
9. Our students in all years make increasingly strong progress; teachers challenge them to do well and they always rise to that challenge
10. Our Academy is the school of choice locally