Our aim is to provide an inspiring, broad and balanced curriculum in line with the national curriculum, provides students with the knowledge, skills, habits and attitudes needed for success in the global marketplace. There is a strong emphasis on the core skills of Literacy and Numeracy which is complimented by a focus on Oracy and a blend of traditionally academic, vocational, creative and technical learning options. Our aim is to maximise the success of our students by ensuring that lessons are enjoyable and motivating.
We focus on
Achievement; through an ambitious, knowledge rich, curriculum
Character Development; students follow a learning journey curriculum that supports their personal growth
Excel way; the standards we expect of everyone at the Academy
By focusing on our core values it allows us to deliver our curriculum in order to develop young people who are:
- Respectful to others, rules & property; are caring & trustworthy; conduct themselves with a moral purpose; and are proud of themselves and the academy.
- Resilient and are determined to work hard; curious; motivated; driven; seek challenge; act on feedback; focused on learning and its benefits.
- Ambitious and have high expectations for academic, creative, sporting, linguistic and personal success; have a passion to be lifelong learners and a desire to develop their cultural capital.
- Confident and take action; courageous; articulate; work effectively with others;
confident readers and presenters; and develop their leadership skills.
- Reflective and have a clear understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and improvements required; take responsibility for their own behaviour; are equipped to deal with issues and situations.
Please click on the following links to download the latest information of our curriculum