Congratulations to all of our Year 11 students today. We are so proud of all…
What parents can expect of The Excel Academy
- Ensure that your child is helped to achieve their full potential as a valued member of The Excel Academy community.
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child.
- Ensure that your child has the opportunity to achieve high standards of work and mindset through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility.
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness
- Be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of The Excel Academy.
- Keep you informed about the general Excel Academy matters and about your child’s progress in particular, through letters home, newsletters and pupil planners.
- Set, mark and monitor homework and provide facilities for children to do homework at The Excel Academy.
- Let parents know about and concerns or problems that affect their child’s work, behaviour, attendance, punctuality or equipment.
- Arrange parents’ evening during which progress will be discussed and parental ‘information’ evenings to update parents regarding the education of their child.
- Provide a suitable learning environment dependent upon the demands of the particular curriculum area.
What The Excel Academy can expect from parents
- Show respect towards Academy staff at all times
- Ensure that my child goes to The Excel Academy on time, properly equipped and in the correct uniform.
- Make The Excel Academy aware of any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Support The Excel Academy policies and ‘Mindset for Learning Standards’
- Support my child in homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
- Get to know about my child’s life at The Excel Academy.
- Read and sign my child’s planner each week.
- Encourage my child to take part in extra-curricular activities during and after lesson time.
- That holidays are not taken during the school term.
- To work alongside the Academy, in promoting and instilling, the Excel values with their child/children.
Parents/school together should:
- Tackle any special needs.
- Encourage the children to keep the ‘Mindset for Learning Standards’
- Support children’s learning to help them achieve their best.
- Try their best to meet their targets.
- Always have pride in themselves and treat others with respect.
- Complete work to the best of their ability.
- Always wear the correct uniform to The Excel Academy.
- Always bring the correct equipment to The Excel Academy – a bag, calculator, pen, pencil, ruler, reading book and planner.
- Take care of and respect The Excel Academy site, property and equipment.
- Help to create a good learning environment in the classroom
- Obey the ‘Mindset for Learning Standards’